Friday, December 16, 2011

Winter Grass

Winter Grasses I have to admit that I am okay that our lawn is dry and brown right now…it is way better than having green grass underneath snow.  I think the birds do fly south for the winter because I still do see birds and I hear them every morning.  The ducks have been happy swimming in the pond near our home.  This card was is another card that will go into my MIL’s box of cards.  It was inspired not only by what I see out my front window (Dried Grasses), but my overall card was inspired by a card over at Splitcoaststampers that I really like.

Can you see the sparklies? I’m really enjoying how the bird’s tail is extended by the use of the stencil.  I know it is hard to tell in the photo, but the bird and the tail are sparkly with shimmer mist.  So fun when the light captures it!

Winter Grass Close Up Stamps: Established Elegance, Happy Harmony(Retired) 
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Ink: Marina Mist, Early Esspresso
Accessories: Hemp Twine, Seam Binding – Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso 1/8” Taffeta, Vicotria Crochet Trim, Basic Pearls
Tools: Paper Piercer, Mat, Vintage Ornaments Decor Stencil, Sponge, Mini Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive, 1” Circle Punch, 1-1/4” Circle Punch, Crimper, Shimmer Mist, Spritzing Tool, Distressing Tool, Bird Builder Punch, Corner Rounder
Technique(s): Direct to Paper, Sponging, Seam Binding Rosette, Shimmer Mist

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy!

Most products can be purchased via my online store.

2 comments:

  1. Linda - this is fabulous. I love how you used the stencil for the tail feathers. Wonderful idea and gorgeous card.

    Now, if you could just bottle some of the incredible creativity I'd pay big bucks for a teaspoon full. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!! Thought I would catch up with your creations!! This is a beautiful card.

    Meagan

    ReplyDelete