Friday, December 2, 2011

Something old, Something new

Do you remember when you first started stamping and all you could do was beam/scream with excitement when you created your first cards? Okay, I have to admit that that still happens to me when I create something new…not as often as it should, but it still happens.  

I remember how cool I thought the direct to paper technique was when I first began experimenting with altering the blank edges of my cards with an ink pad.  You would have thought that I just won the lottery or something just as cool!  I would be starring at my card, oohing and ahhing, turning it every which way to capture the awesomeness.  You do that too, right?  I became giddy with excitement.  If I know me, and I do, I was probably doing some funky dancing because the happiness was just oozing from my very being.  Okay…I know that may sound extreme…but if you haven’t experienced that before…that is what it is like. And how exciting that I just had one of these moments when I was experimenting again with the Direct to Paper technique! 

Direct to Paper has been around for as long as I have been stamping and probably even longer.  The most I ever did with the technique was run the ink pad over the edges of my paper. Have you ever done that? I’m sure many of you have done the same…loved it and then moved on to another technique.  Well, that technique went by the wayside when I discovered the other fabulous technique of sponging.

Here is a card, that I created with my new found vision of direct to paper.  This card is the first of many cards that my MIL will be getting for her December birthday this year.  I have 15 10 days left to begin creating.  I probably should give it 5 days to ship, huh?

Simply Soft Hostess SetStamps: Simply Soft (hostess), French Foliage
Paper: So Saffron, Red Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron, Red Riding Hood Red, Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, Jet Black Stazon 
Accessories: Rhinestone, Dimensionals 
Tools: Crimping Tool
Technique(s): Direct to Paper

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy!

 Click here to visit my website.

Poppy Field - Sneak Peak Class SampleThis technique is my next featured Technique Series class in December.  If you live in or around the Allen, TX area contact me to sign up or visit my website for other events.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I'm only sorry that I don't live in the US so that I could come to your class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda my friend this is a gorgeous card. I can't wait to see it IRL because I know those colors are even more beautiful with the naked eye.

    As for giddy, yes it is exciting to so something that turns out, especially when it's something I haven't tried before. But you ..... you add to the excitement when teaching a class. I don't think I have ever been with another demo who encourages stampers more than you do. I've been doing this for 16 years and you have shot new excitment into my dull habits.
    Thank you for sharing your time and input iwth me, I so appreciate it. Can't wait to get together again.

    hugs,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete