Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stampin’ Up! Stamp Set Flashback

I’m still working on that box of cards for my MIL.  It is nice to have sketches to follow when you are making a box of individual cards. I have two cards to share with you today.

I spent some time cleaning up my stamp room yesterday.  As I only had a 4 inch square of usable space left to create I figured it was about time to get busy cleaning. As I was cleaning I came across some of my Stampin’ UP! fabrics and some of my favorite retired stamp sets.  It’s amazing the things that you find when you’re better organized!  *smile*

Close Up Thank You This first card uses the Mojo Monday 219 sketch from this week.  I’ve been wanting to incorporate fabric on a card and this card does just that!  I decided to add various textures to the card, so you’ll notice the fabric is bunched in places rather than simply laying flat like paper.   I was able to create that texture, by using the Stampin’ Up! multipurpose adhesive sheets.  It makes you want to touch it, doesn’t it? 

Full Card Thank You Stamps: Circle of Friendship (Retired)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Newsprint Designer Series Paper(retired)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon 
Accessories: Timeless Portrait Designer Series Fabric, Hemp Twine, Vintage Brads
Tools: 1-3/8” Circle Punch, 1” Circle Punch,Decorative Label Punch, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Cropadile, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets 
Technique(s): Frayed Twine

Close Up Wishes This second card uses the sketch challenge for the week from Splitcoaststampers. This card is a non-standard 3.25” x 5.5” card.  It was fun creating with some of my well loved images from the past years.  I know my MIL will love both of these!

Full View Wishes Stamps: Well Worn Words (Retired), Echos of Kindness(Retired), Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Red Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Red Riding Hood Red, Old Olive
Accessories: Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware (Retired), Crumb Cake Seam Binding
Tools: Aqua Painter, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder Punch, Small Oval Punch (Retired), sponge
Technique(s): Sponging, Big Shot Embossing

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss these?? LOVE the B&W card. Your MIL is one VERY lucky lady.

    PS - If you have any of that fabric left it would make it so much easier for me to case this beauty. LOL!!

    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete