Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cupcake Dreams

Cupcake DreamsDreams of cupcakes filled their heads as they laid down to sleep.  This project was designed to sit upon a bedside table.  I think this would be perfect as a card for a child that has problems getting to sleep at night too.  Who wouldn’t like to have visions of these beautiful cupcakes in their heads before drifting into sweet slumber? 

Stamps:   Bliss, Aviary, Birthday Bakery (Hostess), Fabulous Phrases
Papers:   Basic Black, Whisper White 
Ink:  Jet Black Stazon, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker, Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker, Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker 
Accessories:  Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Crumb Cake Seam Binding
Tools: Scallop Square Bigz Die, Big Shot, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Paper Snips, Snail, Scallop Trim Border Punch 
Techniques Used: Marker to Stamp

Cupcake Dreams 031 How I did that: The back stand was created with cardboard saved from Stampin’ Up! packaging.  To recreate the stand for the Scallop Square size stand you’ll need:

  • *1 piece 4” x 4”
  • *1 piece 1” x 2.5” scored 1/4” on one short end
  • *1 piece 1” x 1.5” scored 1/4” on each short end

I used Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive to secure the stand and mini glue dots to adhere the card front to the stand.  Adjust as necessary for a standard 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” card. This is a great way to save those most precious handmade cards and display them in your home as the works of art that they are!

Enjoy!

kealsiggy

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love all of your home decor items. I, too, love making home decor things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOh Sweet!! I predict this as a winner in Shellis cupcake contest!!! So adorable with little cuppies in the birdhouses!
    I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous idea!!! I too love to display my cards for my club members. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete