Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blue Raspberry

Blue Raspberries Rule! When I was a kid…I loved blue raspberry ICEEs.  Any opportunity I had I would bug my Mom to get me one.  It’s funny that my son does the same.  What is it about blue raspberry?  I think it really is the color!  It’s just plain fun to have blue lips and a tongue after eating it! 

This card was inspired by my youth and is a tribute to all blue raspberry lovers.  I do pretend that this card is more sophisticated by adding that No. 5 in the mix though. This is an all occasion card.  Perfect for a man or a woman.  Raspberries, especially blue ones, are gender neutral!

Stamps:   Clearly For You, Matchbox Messages
Papers:   Whisper White
Ink:  Pacific Point, Old Olive
Accessories: 1” Circle Punch, 1-1/4” Circle Punch, Pacific Point and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers 
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals
Techniques Used:  Spotlighting, Masking

Blue Raspberry (1)How I did that: The circle is from a set called Matchbox Messages.  It has some cute little words inside the circle…but not necessary for this “sophisticated card”.  I punched a 1” circle from a piece of scratch paper used a little snail adhesive and covered up the words being careful not to put the scratch paper over the dotted or lined circles.  It is actually quite easy because it fits perfectly.  Next, I inked up the stamp with Pacific Point ink, removed the scratch paper that is full of ink and then stamped on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.  Voila – two circles with nothing in the middle.  I used my markers on the raspberry stamp, used a stamp-a-ma-jib and stamped inside the circle!  Harder to say than to do.  *smile*

Enjoy!

kealsiggy

No comments:

Post a Comment