Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The All Occasion Card

Gift Folder So what have I been doing these last few weeks?  Not stamping that was for sure!  I had family and friends from out of town visiting and then a quick trip to Chicago was in order.  This past weekend I was in Waxahachie, TX at the cutest little Bed and Breakfast. If you ever are down in that area with your friends or your honey let me know and I’ll get you the information!  It was just charming!  It accommodated us four gals just perfectly!Opened Gift FolderI actually had a few minutes to begin designing these cards in Waxahachie, but only today did I have the chance to put it all together!  I love giving the gift of cards for birthdays, parties, or any other special event.  I usually like to give cards that can be used for any occasion because the recipient will use the cards that I have made for them.  If you give a set of various occasions then the possibility exists that the cards may be haunting a drawer for some time until the specific need arises. 

Close Up of ClosureThis gift set contains 4 simple cards and envelopes.  I’ve made this fun matching file folder gift packaging to hold them.  I love this long ribboned closure!  So elegant! The packaging becomes a beautiful conversation piece if left out in the open. The ribbon can be used as a necklace with the “No. 5” charm. And after the cards are used, the owner can add some dried mix packets, seed packets, etc. and regift the packaging.  I think I may have said this  4 Cards and Envelopesbefore, but I love making things that can be reused!

Please tell me…what do you think of the stripes?  I actually got the inspiration after seeing a card made with striped paper.  It was easy to create the stripes with what I had on hand and a sharp paper cutter. Scrap paper strips were handy to have for this project!

Stamps:   Clearly for You (2011 Occasions Mini), Artistic Etchings 
Papers:   Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink:  Jet Black Stazon,
Accessories: Glass Fragment,  Hodgepodge Hardware (retired) 
Tools: 1” Circle Punch, Paper Cutter, Crystal Effects
Techniques Used:  Stripes

Finished size of gift folder is 5-1/2” x 6”.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy!

Place Your Stampin' Up Order with Me!

1 comment: