Sunday, February 27, 2011

On a Butterfly’s Wing

FEB11VSNK close up Vellum is one of those papers that can instantly create softness when used on a project.  Did you hear me say that in a whisper? That is what I think of when I think of vellum…it is as delicate as a whisper or a butterfly’s wing. 

Now I’ve been dying to break open my new Nature Walk stamp set that I received for my So Shelli New Year Creative Challenge entry.  It is one of those FEB11VSNK close up 2 sets that instantly came to mind as I would be embossing on vellum.  Whether you decide to heat emboss or dry emboss, vellum is a delicate paper so be cautious so as not to tear or burn…unless of course that is your desired effect! 

This card took not but 10 minutes to create after I rounded up all my supplies.  Clarification: The butterfly was stamped once on the card base and once on the vellum and embossed with Whisper White Craft ink and Stampin’ UP!’s White Detail embossing powder. Next, the card itself was embossed in the Big Shot using the Elegant FEB11VSNKLines embossing folder.  After cutting out the top wing and adhering a beautiful tiny jewel on it, I used a mini glue dot to adhere to the card. And Voila, the wing just naturally curled out…I love it when a plan comes together! If you miss the sparkle of that little jewel in the photo, just close your eyes and picture it! It is just downright sparkling isn’t it? *smile*

Hint:  Get some idea of where that butterfly will fit in relation to the embossing design before you stamp it,  or dry emboss the base card before stamping and heat embossing.  Of course, if we don’t make mistakes you don’t come up with creative ideas to fix them, right?  Can you guess what my creative fix was?  Did you even know that I had to come up with a creative fix?

Stamps:   Nature Walk
Papers:   Basic Black, Vellum, Whisper White 
Ink:  Whisper White Craft
Accessories: Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, White Detail Embossing Powder, Rhinestone Jewel, Mini Glue Dot,
Tools: Paper Snips, Heat Gun, Big Shot, Embossing Buddy, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch 
Techniques Used:  Heat Embossing

Enjoy!

http://lindakeal.stampinup.net

 

 

The Nature Walk Stamp set in Wood Block (121925) or Clear Block (121997) is available until April 30.  When placing your order, don’t forget to add quality Stampin’ Up! Vellum Paper(101839) too!

1 comment:

  1. Linda,
    This is gorgeous! Thank goodness for your creative fix! I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "The butterfly was embossed on the card and on vellum at the same time." Could you explain?
    Thanks for sharing!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete