Thursday, January 14, 2010

When do you use hearts?

I always thought that hearts were only for Valentine’s day.  Maybe you were like me at one time.  I stayed away from hearts because I thought they were too girly…so when Stampin’ Up! came out with the I {heart} Hearts stamp set I immediately looked passed the set.  Everyone I knew was saying things like that is one of my must have sets….and I said “Really????” in disbelief.  So I purchased the set to see what I could do with hearts.  These are two of the projects that I designed. Both for different events other than Valentine’s Day, but both could easily fall into the Valentine’s Day category with a change of the greeting.

Wonderful Mother

Recipe – Mother’s Day
Stamps: I {heart} Hearts, Well Scripted
Inks:  Bravo Burgundy, Creamy Caramel, VersaMark
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Gold Brad, Kind Thought Brocade Stencil, Sponge, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Sponge Dauber
Technique: Distressing, VersaMark Resist

Happy Anniversary

Recipe – Happy Anniversary
Stamps: Medallion, I {heart} Hearts
Inks:  Real Red
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red
Accessories: Punches – Modern Label, Heart to Heart, Word Window, 1-3/4 Circle, Dimensionals
Technique: Can you see the I {heart} Hearts image in here?

If you haven’t given {hearts} a chance…this might be your opportunity to stamp your heart out!  ;) This fun set comes in both clear block cling mount and wood mount.

Enjoy!

kealsiggy

No comments:

Post a Comment