Monday, January 25, 2010

The Carrot or the Stick

I say the carrot! 

This cute little concoction came to me last night after my phone rang at 12:24 AM! Falling asleep wasn’t that easy so of course my mind wanders to stamping.  Who knows how I came to be thinking about carrots, but that is what came to mind. 

Now to make thinking about carrots even stranger…I talked to a friend this morning who told me she wanted a carrot pattern for Easter!  OMG! Do you hear the twilight zone song in your head too?  So, I figured if two of us are thinking about carrots maybe some of you are too.  It’s not too early to start planning Easter gifts, but this project is not for Easter.   I think it is a perfect gift for someone that has helped you out or done some other good deed.  Just a reminder, all photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.Carrot Twist Box

I had a carrot pattern that I ended up altering.  I added the twist closure to the top of it and added some frayed ribbon for the carrot greenery at the top!  I would love to hear what you think of my carrot twist box.

Carrot Twist Box Top 

Recipe – Carrot Twist Box
Stamps:
Very Vintage Wheel, Vintage Vogue, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Inks:  Creamy Caramel, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Paper: Only Orange, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Sponge, 3/4” Circle Punch, 1-1/4” Olid Olive Striped Grosgrain, Dimensionals, Bone Folder, Dimensionals 
Technique: 3D Twist Closure

We all love carrots when we do something right…so make someone’s day and give them a carrot!

Enjoy!

LindaKeal.stampinup.net

3 comments:

  1. this is just completely adorable! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this carrot...and that you are so ahead on your Easter projects! So funny that you and your friend were connected like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable favor!!! I think we need a tutorial on this or at least a template!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete