Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Mix It Up with Non-Traditional Colors

When we think of Christmas, we think of red, green and sometimes a bit of blue and white.  Frequently around the holidays I like to challenge myself by using other colors than the traditional. 

I’ve put a bit of a vintage twist into this Christmas card by using black and vanilla as my main colors.  If you haven’t purchased the Newsprint Designer Series Paper you are going to want to have that for your paper creations going forward.  It is so lovely and it creates a wonderful background to my Christmas card.  Click Here to Place Your Online Order

I got my inspiration for the layout for this card on page 96 of the 2010-2011 Stampin’ UP! Idea Book and Catalog.  I made a slight modification by creating a slit in the background paper and weaving the Very Vanilla strip to the front.  By doing that I created the perfect space for my greeting.  Don’t you just love that greeting?  It comes from the Just Believe stamp set, which by chance isn’t even from a Christmas set, but it is just perfect for this time of year!  I really love how this turned out.  What do you think?

Stamps:   Lovely as a Tree, Just Believe
Papers:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla 
Ink: Versmark, Basic Black
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Vintage Brads, Black Stampin’  Emboss Powder,
Tools: Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Snail Adhesive, Hobby Blade, Handheld Punch 1/16” Circle
Techniques Used:  Heat Embossing

The finished card size is 4-1/4” x 4- 1/14”.  I like to change up the card size every now and again too…just to mix it up!  I usually mail these in a standard greeting size envelope.

Enjoy!

http://lindakeal.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment